By Joy Zenz, CEO and Founder: Africa Women in Trade
The Africa Women in Trade (AWT) is a registered social enterprise which was created as a response to the need for Africa Women in Europe to support Africa Women and youth SMEs. The core objectives of AWT are to inform, to facilitate access to markets, facilitate connections of investors and funders, share skills, and form sustainable partnerships following the announcement of the AfCFTA Agreement.
The Africa Women in Trade now shares its readiness, preparedness and excitement towards the upcoming Inaugural African Women Conference, Expo and Awards Gala. The conference is set to take place on 20-22 October 2022 at the Cape Town City Hall, Cape Town, South Africa.
The Awards Gala event aims to recognise and reward the women and youth who have played a major role in boosting intra-African in the continent and also with the world at large. The objective of the conference and expo – which is made possible through partnerships with various organisations and networks – is to afford women and youth-owned businesses the opportunity to showcase their products and services. These events promise to attract different stakeholders in the supply value chains.
Our vision is to create a platform to connect and enable Africa women and youth to trade under AfCFTA. Our Mission is to create a network where African women and youth can access information on the opportunities accruing from the African Continental Free Trade Agreement (AfCFTA); facilitate access to markets regionally, nationally and globally; and offer capacity building and access to capital through grants and investments.
The AWT are honoured to have guest speakers that include Her Excellency Dr Nkosazana Dlamini Zuma and His Excellency Wamkele Mene, Secretary General of the AfCFTA.
THE THREE DAYS ACTIVITIES ARE PLANNED AS FOLLOWS:
- To provide a network for African Women in Trade
- Create Access to Africa and Global Markets
- Enable B2B trading within Africa and Globally
- Creating a conducive environment for exchanging ideas, sharing knowledge, and implementing best practice and practical solutions for our continent.
- Provide workshop training for women and Youth in Trade.
- Facilitate robust Dialogue and opportunities for business marketing and growth by match making for investors and entrepreneurs
- To influence policy making by engaging with government institutions and regional bodies practical solutions to challenges as well as good practice.
Register to join as a Delegate ( Free Entry )
Register to Exhibit your products or services ( A free is required)
Awards Gala evening ( Entrance Fee is required)
Read more about the event, Trade Tour, Program, Guest Speakers and connect with exhibitors on the following link:
Any further enquiries please visit our website further below or send them to the Email address: